You never know when it will happen.
That moment when the proverbial s— hits the fan. That instant when everything that can go wrong does go wrong, and you find yourself scrambling for dear life. If you spend any amount of time outdoors, whatever your pastime may be, you’ve had a moment like this, or you know someone who has. Your boat suddenly takes on water and is seconds from capsizing. You see a wall of snow barreling toward you and have no time to scramble to safety. You get caught in a flash flood and your vehicle is being washed down the ravine. These are extreme circumstances, and ones that you may never get caught up in, but that’s what everyone says: “I never thought it would happen to me!” Emergencies happen, and for those harrowing times when you need to grab your bag and go, we introduce the USIA Ditch Bag.
Captain Kujo takes a USIA Ditch Bag along every time he goes offshore fishing because he demands performance from his gear or he won’t use it. The principal is simple, have a tough, waterproof bag that can be worn at all times, small enough not to be cumbersome but spacious enough to hold every piece of essential gear that NEEDS to stay dry no matter what. Anything that has to stay dry goes into the bag. Licenses and tags. EPIRBS and VHF radios. Matches, lighters and first aid material. Protein bars and survival kits. Anything (within size limitations, of course).
Here are some of the bag’s specs:
- Made from USIA’s 400 Denier NyloTex material, this waterproof pack is ideal for hunters and fisherman who thrive in extreme conditions where the difference between life and death is how quickly you can grab your bag before disaster strikes.
- The bag is 100% waterproof and will protect all of your vital electronics and all the gear you do not want to get wet in emergency situations.
- Fitted with a tough as nails YKK Gas/Water/Air-tight zipper (the same kind on all of our dry suits)
- Oral inflator so you can fill the bag with air. Floatable and swimmable and divable to 130 feet. We know. We’ve taken in down that far.*
- Meant to wear at all times, the bag has adjustable padded shoulder straps so when you go overboard, the bag goes with you.
- Bag Dimensions: 24″ x 12″ x 5″
- And the best part…It’s Made in the USA.
You’ll find the USIA Ditch Bag so versatile and handy that–and people may look at you funny but oh well–it could become your go-to bag for day to day use. It just might become your favorite bag!
*Not an approved floatation safety device.